Custom Search

February 5, 2010

My Not So Environment Friendly ISP

I am planning to write more articles for my blog and made some improvement on it but my mind is not that quick enough to think of new topics to write. Another hurdle that keeps me from writing more articles is my Internet connection. My slowness in thinking for new topic cannot beat the slowness of my Internet connection.

Do they not understand that due to slow connection their customer spent more time online and consume more electricity. And consuming more energy means more carbon emission, thus destroying the earth that we live in. Sad thing is this company use earth as their logo but does not give importance to it. If they don't want to give importance to their customer, at least to the logo that they are using.

A slow Internet connection can be very annoying when you are trying to do something on the Internet. It became more annoying when you keep calling this Internet Company to complain the slow connection but there still no improvements. I have a friend who call almost everyday but still have a slow Internet connection, he ends up canceling his subscription. But of course there is a consequence; there is a one year contract that you need to fulfil before you can cancel the subscription without incurring any penalty. Since he was only subscribed for lest than two months, he was charged an early cancellation fee.

Almost all the ISP here in the Philippines requires a lock-in period before you can subscribe, some last up to two years. I think this need to be stopped since; this is very disadvantageous to customer. It is not fair to keep your subscription even they provide you a poor service. It is time for our government to step in stop this malpractice. And for all environmentalists, I think we need to consider them as one of the polluters of the environment that we need to stop and penalize.

No comments: