Custom Search

April 25, 2010

Earth Hour 2010

I was not home when the Earth Hour began; we have a practice for the coming basketball tournament in our barrio. We were able to finish the practice before the earth hour started but we still decided to meet in the house of our manager to talk about our game plan. We were preoccupied by our discussion and we failed to notice that the earth hour already started, we were just reminded by the wife of one of the player that earth hour already started and encouraged our host to turn off the light because she already did that on their house. Our host responded immediately and turn off all the lights on their house. And he even looks sorry that he failed to do it earlier.

I'm not sure if they also participated in the previous earth hour but the scene I see is a welcome development towards our fight against global warming. This is only show that the earth hour is working and it brings awareness to the Filipinos.

I am very happy with what I witness but I became worried that I am the one who did not participated in the earth hour. Since I wasn’t home, it is possible that my family did not turn off the lights. Because I remember last year when my wife noticed that our neighbors are not participating, she is hesitant to turn off the lights. But when I went home, I was happy to see that all the lights were turn off even though our neighbors still did not participate in the Earth Hour.

No comments: