Custom Search

September 19, 2009

Substitute Parent?

I heard my son complaining to his mother that his teacher is not always around and she is always asking them to just do something that is not so important. To keep her students busy, she would ask one of her students to write a very long lecture to the blackboard for the other students to copy and then she will leave the class to take a very long break. After taking a long break, she will come back but still not discuss the lecture but assigned her students a very costly homework.

The job duties of a teacher are to make sure that kids become better educators and to show them that they can achieve goals in life. A teacher is one of the most important people in life. They are there to help kids and make their lives much better. These are the job duties of a teacher.

This teacher not only showing bad example she also making the environment of her students more polluted by always asking them to do a project that is expensive and not environment friendly. My son asked me to help him in doing one of his projects which I think cannot be done alone by 9 years old. Upon seeing it, I advise my son that we can use recycled materials but according to him, his teacher wants to use a new and expensive materials.

This is worrisome since teachers have a big influence to the student’s life and a person can easily be mold during their younger age. Teacher was expected to act as a substitute parent, with all the normal forms of parental discipline open to them. I cannot imagine this kind of teacher is the one molding my son characters. I'm worried that she is producing a generation polluters. She is not only destroying the environment of future generations she also molding them into a wasteful and no concern to environment individuals.

No comments: